How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
How Do I Find Out How Much Gutter Protection Will Cost For My Home?
This is always the burning question – How much do gutter guards cost? Most people love to shop so that they can get the best product for their home from the most competent company at the lowest price possible. When it comes to home improvements that is not always an easy task. Here are the factors that go into the price for gutter guards and covers and it’s the same if you are looking for gutter screens or a permanent solid surface gutter cover system.
Factors to Consider With Gutter Guard Cost:
- How many linear feet? This is different than the square feet. To get this number measure each length of gutter around the entire house. Add them up and you have the linear footage for your property.
- How many inside and outside corners do you have? If you only have straight runs with no corners it should cost a little less.
- Are your gutters in good shape or do they need to be replaced? How can you tell?
- First, look for corrosion. This can be challenging if the gutters are freshly painted. Corrosion (or rust if your gutters are steel) will not go away and will always get worse. If you have corrosion (even in one spot) your gutters and downspouts should be replaced before putting any type of gutter protection in place.
- Inspect to see if your gutters are leaking. Sometimes sealant can stop the leaking, but if the leaking is due to corrosion then it’s a very short term fix.
- Do the gutters need to be re-sloped? Over the years gutters often get pulled loose by ice and snow.
- Are your gutters and downspouts properly sized? Look at the roofline and how many square feet of the roof is going into the section of the gutter and being drained by the downspout. A good rule of thumb is for every 100 square feet of roof you need 1 square inch of a downspout. For example, a 2000 square foot roofline would require 20 square inches of downspout or (five) 2×3 inch downspouts or (two) 3×4 inch downspouts.
- Are there additional difficulties? For example, while most homes are one or two stories, some have sections that are three to five stories tall. Five stories up require a 48-foot ladder. A 48-foot ladder requires 3-4 persons for safety.
Linear Feet + Number of Corners + Gutters in Good Condition or Do They Need to Be Replaced + Difficulty of Installation = Gutter Guard Cost
Depending on the quality of gutter protection, the base cost per linear foot typically ranges from $10-$45. The less expensive gutter protection consists of screens or filters and DIY products. As is the case with the cheapest version of any product, they usually fail to satisfy and simply do not keep the gutters clean. In certain situations, they may even make the problem worse. However, the most expensive gutter protection does not necessarily mean the best gutter protection system or an ethical company to provide and stand behind the warranty for the system.
How do you decide what company is right for you?
Have a qualified company that specializes in gutter protection give you a free no obligation quote. (See below for things to look for when considering which company to have out to your home for an estimate.)
Finding a Qualified Company to Provide Gutter Guard Costs
- Look at the company’s third-party reviews on websites such as Google, Angi, Home Advisor, Better Business Bureau, and Facebook. Look at the most recent and lowest-rated reviews – this will give you an indication of what you can expect from the company. Regardless of the size of a company, many bad reviews should be a red flag!
- Do they require all decision-makers to be present? If they are insisting on this during the appointment set-up, it means that they use high-pressure sales tactics. High-pressure sales tactics now translate to low-quality service later.
- How long have they been in business? Experience shouldn’t be ignored. This will show whether or not they will be there for you if you need them in the years to come.
Does Gutter Cover KC® fit the requirements above?
Please check our reputation on Google, BBB, Angi, Facebook, and Angi Leads Formally HomeAdvisor, and feel confident in choosing us to protect your gutters! And no, we don’t require all decision-makers to be present for our free, no-pressure consultations. Our goal is to help you solve all your gutter and drainage problems, and be educational in doing so. We’ve been taking care of our happy customers for over 20 years and to back up our experience – Advantage Gutter Guard® comes with a lifetime warranty that gutters will not clog or we clean them for free.
If you would like more tips on finding reputable companies check out the BBB’s article.
“I got Gutter Cover 20 years ago. They have worked great and I haven’t ever cleaned them or anything. No water in the basement since then either.” – Andrea W.
“Approximately 7 years ago we had Gutter Cover install their gutter cover system. That whole experience was seamless. We have not had any issues since.” – Jennifer
You’re Going to Love Our Estimate Process
Our goal is to empower you with information and options. When we evaluate your home, we are going to make recommendations and give clear evidence for you to consider. We understand that you want to know about all options available and get additional bids so you can feel confident that you are being treated fairly. Our quotes are good for at least 30 days and we promise a no-hassle assessment and quote. Since we treat potential clients with respect, are considerate of their time, and provide good value, people regularly recommend us to friends and family!
4 Easy Steps to Finding Gutter Guard Cost
- Diagnose: A thorough inspection to diagnose rainwater problems is performed.
- Custom Plan and Design: A custom plan is created for your home.
- Equip You with Solutions: A clear explanation of the solutions and to-the-penny-pricing, without high-pressure sales tactics.
- Wrap it Up: We answer all your questions and provide you with a digital estimate.
It typically takes 20-40 minutes for the inspection and evaluation and 10-20 minutes to clearly communicate our solutions. Total time is usually an hour or less. Once we answer all your questions, we will provide you with the price and email you the quote with our warranty. Once you have all the information you need, you can simply click the link in the email and accept the proposal if you wish to proceed.
Getting Your Gutter Guard Estimate: Common Questions
Can you install your gutter guard over my existing gutters?
We can install the Advantage Gutter Guard® over all gutters in good condition. That includes K-Style and Half-Round gutters!
How long does the full appointment usually take?
Altogether it usually takes an hour. The homeowner is only involved in a small portion of that.
Do I need to be home to get an estimate?
As long as we have full access to the home it’s not required, however, it is recommended. It’s easier, for example, to show exactly what’s going on and where the issue is if the homeowner is present. Since it takes us just a few minutes to explain the custom solutions, most homeowners are happy to be present during the process.
What will I learn from the consultation?
This is what many of the people we serve say they appreciated the most about their experience with our company. We take a diagnostic approach to the home and an educational approach to explaining your customized solutions. Our goal is for you to learn so much about rainwater control for your home in the few minutes you spend with us that you would have called us out there just for that.
Why can’t you just give me a price over the phone?
Imagine calling your doctor and saying, “I’m sick. What will it cost for me to feel better?” If he gave you a cost without asking any questions, would you feel skeptical? Of course, you would! Understanding the sickness and its underlying causes is critical to giving you the customized plan of care you deserve. Gutter Cover KC® takes a similar approach, but, we work hard to make it as simple and painless for you as possible!
Will I feel pressured to purchase?
Please don’t worry – We’re not one of those companies that stay forever and use high-pressure sales tactics. We hate that nonsense as much as you do! It’s very rare we’re at a home longer than an hour, and most of that time is spent outside inspecting and diagnosing.
Does the estimate cost anything? Or is there an obligation with the consultation?
There’s no cost or obligation. The estimate is good for 30 days after you receive it. We believe that people are smart and capable of making good decisions. We train our consultants to be experts in this field. In our experience, if we focus on truly helping you and solving your gutter problems, then you will see the value in our solutions without all that pushy ‘salesy’ nonsense.
Do you negotiate your price?
No, we do not. This is another way of rejecting what we perceive to be a broken model in the home improvement industry. We want people to trust us – and we choose to trust others. When we give you a price, that’s what the price is based on your solution(s).
Of course, that’s not to say we never occasionally run a small brief sale or special offer of some kind. However, those are done rarely and are not large. The reason is that we have set our prices exactly where they need to be to sustain our business and care for you in the long term. There’s simply no room to have huge sales with prices slashed. We feel people prefer the price upfront without all the haggling and negotiation.
Do you have financing?
Yes, we usually have a plan that includes 18 months of 0% interest. As well as another with a small interest rate over a longer period of time. Details of our financing change from time to time, as we’re always on the lookout for a better deal for our homeowners.
Gutter Cover Kansas City is Here For You
Now that you know the factors in determining gutter guard cost, how to find the best company for you and your home, and have the answers to the most common questions about getting an estimate- Are you ready to schedule your free consultation? We ensure you will get a quality gutter guard quote.
Looking for more info on different types of gutter guards? Check out this article to see what type of system is best for your home.
Matt Blashaw, home expert and HGTV host, Recommends Gutter Protection by Gutter Cover KC®.